The liver is the largest solid organ in our body. It’s partially protected by the ribs as it’s located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen.
This organ plays vital role in numerous bodily functions, so it’s important to take care of it. For that purpose, we present you the following 10 signs of liver damage.
10. Frequent Cramps and Abdominal Pain: The pain felt on the upper right-hand side of your abdominal region, below your rib cage, may be an early sign of a liver damage. Moreover, the area may be tender to touch.
9. Digestive Issues: The bile helps digestion, so in the case of an obstructed function of the liver, a person may experience digestive issues, such as constipation, and indigestion.
8. Changed Color of the Urine: If the color of your urine is changed even though you drink enough water, you may have liver issues. Namely, the kidneys generate the bilirubin levels in the bloodstream, which may be too high for the liver to remove. Yet, the dark color of the urine may also be a result of an antibiotic therapy, the use of vitamin B supplements, or dehydration.
7. Changed Feces color: Your liver may be damaged in the case of a pale yellow, clay, or gray color of the feces, as the dark brown color is given by the bile produced by the liver.
6. Constipation, Diarrhea and Intestinal Bleeding: Liver damage may also lead to constipation, diarrhea, and even intestinal bleeding. Hence, if you experience some of these issues, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.
5. Fluid retention: In the case of a liver damage, patients often experience swellings of the feet and ankles, due to the retention of fluids in the body.